This Rice Salad is an amazing lunch or dinner idea. It’s quick to make, filling and super nutritious.
- 100 g of wild rice
- one handful of pomegranate seeds
- 150 g of greens of your choice
- 100 g of olives
- 30 g of feta cheese
- bell pepper cut into little pieces
- 1 big tomato
- 10-12 cheese balls (optional)
- a mix of seeds: sunflower seeds, pine nuts, and pumpkin
- 100 g of cooked chickpeas
- yogurt dressing
- a plain yogurt
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- dried chili
- one tablespoon of chives
- one tablespoon of dill
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- salt and pepper
- a drizzle of olive oil
In two different pots cook the rice and the chickpeas. Don’t overcook them, it’s better to have some crunch in them. Set aside.
Prepare everything else. Wash and cut the tomatoes and bell pepper, drain the olives, deseed the pomegranate. Set them aside. Cube the feta cheese.
In a big bowl put the greens you chose and add the rest of the ingredients, stir and serve with the dressing.
Have you made any of my recipes? Please tag me on Instagram with the tag #booksandlavender because I would love to see your creations.
Subscribe so that you don’t miss any of my latest posts.