You already know how much I love salads, cold or warm, for summer or for cold evenings, they’re tasty either way. Who says salads are boring, never ate a right salad, am I right? 🙂
This Chickpea Mediterranean Salad is a great salad, healthy and delicious, very easy to make, that can be tossed together at any time of the day to have a simple and nutritious meal right away if you are in a hurry.
- greens of your choice
- 2 small carrots, cut into julienne
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g of cooked chickpeas
- 30 g of feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 30 g of olives
- 1/4 a bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 200 g of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste
- 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic powder
In a big bowl add all the ingredients of the salad and toss to combine. In a small bowl or jar add the ingredients for the dressing and stir to combine as well. Of course, you can use another dressing, just a simple balsamic vinaigrette or even just lemon juice, it’s your choice.
This salad is quick, easy and delicious. You can eat it as a light lunch or dinner. Change any ingredient you don’t have or like and make it your way. This recipe is to inspire you to go in the kitchen and create.