I like to make delicious meals for me and my husband, every week I make new recipes, we try new things, to see what we like and what we don’t like. Today I made Panzanella Bread Salad because I had it on my to-do list for quite a long time.
It’s easy to make, delicious and filling. Perfect! And you can make it in under 20 minutes :).
- 2 slices of bread, cut into cubes
- 20-25 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 a red onion, sliced thinly
- red, green and yellow pepper, cut into julienne slices
- feta cheese marinated with olives (optional)
- salt, pepper, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Cut the bread into little cubes. Add it to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes at 180*C. Set aside to cool. Be sure to check on the croutons, because they’ll burn quickly, and you don’t want to eat burnt bread.
Add the rest of the ingredients, washed and cut, into a big bowl. Toss to combine. Add the bread as well, but only when you are ready to serve the salad, because, otherwise, it will get too soggy.