Here in Spain has started raining a lot, and it’s cold. This makes me just curl in my bed and not get out. I hate cold and winter altogether. I hate that I have to put on me more layers of clothes and I have to wear thicker socks.
What I like about winter, is that I don’t get a cold, like at all. The last time I had a cold was in 2009, with fever and runny nose. And I’m glad about that. 🙂
This is the second year that I do this Ginger, Lemon and Honey flu remedy. And it works really good for us. It’s not necessary just for the winter, you can drink tea in summer as well, and put a teaspoon of this mixture in your tea. It will do only good for your body.
When you make this mixture, you have two options:
- you can add 1 teaspoon of this into your tea
- you can add 2 teaspoons of this mixture to boiling water and make tea
I encourage you to make this cold and flu remedy because it has a lot of health proprieties.
- it’s highly effective against nausea
- it has anti-inflammatory effects
- it can lower blood sugar
- treats indigestion
- reduces menstrual pain
- helps with indigestion and constipation
- helps with dental care: massaging the juice on the gums can stop gum bleeding
- hair care: applying the juice to the scalp can get rid of dandruff and hair loss
- helps reduce weight
- eases the pain of sunburn
- heals wounds and burns
- can treat seasonal allergies
- fights infections
- cold relief
As you can see, all the 3 ingredients that we’ll use today, have a lot of benefits for our health, so make sure to use them often in your diet.
- 1 organic lemon (because we use the skin as well)
- 3 cm of peeled ginger
- honey to cover the ginger and lemon
- a clean jar with a lid
Wash the lemon and slice it thinly. Peel the ginger and slice it as well. Add them both to a jar and pour in the honey.
In a few days, this mixture will be runnier, because of the juice of the lemon. Add 1 teaspoon of the flu remedy to your tea, or add 2 teaspoons to make a tea out of this. Be sure to add a slice of lemon and ginger as well.
And say “Good bye!!” to a sore throat and cold. 🙂
Have you made any of my recipes? Please tag me on Instagram with the tag #booksandlavender because I would love to see your creations.
Subscribe so that you don’t miss any of my latest posts.