This Basmati Rice with Mushrooms and Bell Peppers is a simple dish to make for dinner or for work. It’s tasty and super quick to make.
- 200 g of brown rice basmati
- 400 g of mushrooms
- a 1/4 of 3 bell peppers, green, red and yellow
- 100 ml of white wine, or vegetable stock
- a 1/4 of a leek, sliced
- 3-4 stalks of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200 ml of coconut cream for cooking
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro, or parsley, chopped
- a 1/4 of a lime
There are a few ingredients for this recipe, but I assure you, that it’s super easy to make.
First of all, we cook the rice. In a pot add the rice and 400 ml of water. Season it and cook the rice until it’s soft, but not mushy. It cooks in 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms, and the peppers into julienne slices. Slice the leek as well.
Pour the olive oil into a pan and add the vegetables to saute for 10 minutes. After that, pour in the wine or stock and let it evaporate. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
Pour the coconut cream and add the chopped parsley. Let it cook for 5 more minutes and it’s done.
In a bowl add rice, pour the mushroom sauce over the rice, sprinkle more parsley if you want and drizzle lime juice on top. Serve warm.