This Creamy Broccoli Salad has to be the perfect lunch or dinner idea. It’s creamy, delicious and super easy to make.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 big carrot, julienned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 slice of red cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise (vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed
- 150 g of turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
In a pot add salted water to boil. Wash and chop the broccoli, including the stalks and stems. Those parts of the broccoli are edible too, why wasting them?
Cook the broccoli in salted water for 5-6 minutes, until tender, but crunchy. In the meantime, cook the turkey bacon in a pan with no oil until crispy. Set aside to cool.
In a big bowl add the vegetables and the seeds.
When the broccoli is cooked, discard the water and add the broccoli to the big bowl as well with the rest of the ingredients.
When the bacon has cooled off so that you can handle it, chop it and add it to the bowl along with the mayonnaise.
Stir the salad to incorporate the mayonnaise and serve. Store the remaining salad in the fridge.